Bases... basics?  

Posted by Hal'jin in ,

A quick one this time. I did some rebasing of my Wolves (wasn't a lot of them to do..) hopefuly to achieve a much better result.

But... I am not entirely sure if I did. Here are a couple of shots.









Help me out! Do they look good? Aesthetic? Realistic? If not, what should be changed about them?

I really thought I'll nail the proper look this time but there's just too much uncertainty so I have to ask for aid. Then again, I wasn't sure about the Guard bases for a long while and it seemed everyone loved them...

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 at Wednesday, July 07, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

They look quite good, perhaps a bit cluttered with all the different colours of flock on there though. If it was me I'd cut those back and just go with one that compliments the base and then use it a tad more sparingly so you still have the overall feeling of the earth (the drybrushed brown) or go with a slightly more 2D grass that can occupy space on top of that earth

8 July 2010 at 03:04

I like them. I think the red adds a dash of colour.

8 July 2010 at 07:49

The bases look very much like a forest floor in a Scandinavian country - very apt for Space Wolves.

8 July 2010 at 11:14

I like them alot! very lush woodsy type bases...looks good, what might be throwing you off here is color theory, the bases are dark and so is the armor of the sw...if you lighten up a part of the base...maybe some highlighting you might be able to contrast more...

just my .02

8 July 2010 at 17:51

Thanks for opionions guys! I guess they just have to grow on me.

@Canolli
I'm not sure you could call Space Wolves dark. :p But I had a feeling it would look the same with just base alone.. though it might be the thing that the Terminator isn't painted...

9 July 2010 at 10:02

Post a Comment