Fire from the Sky  

Posted by Hal'jin in , ,

Aand another miniature that has been sitting there unpainted for years now. The final member of the Regimental Advisors, one that, sadly, turned out to be quite lackluster. The Master of Ordnance.

While I probably won't be fielding that guy much, he still has quite an amazing model, that I like very much and I thought it's about time to give him some paint, especially considering that his friends have been painted for a very long time.


He is quite a characterful model. Like the two others he has plenty of little detail hanging around. This time starting with a nice closeup shot!


Some overall shots. The lightning was very... yellow, so I did some adjustments in Photoshop. It seems colours are preserved well though!


I'm not absolutely happy with the face though. Turns out the brush was quite worn out the moment I was painting him.


Unlike the other advisors, he nearly blends in the 42nd with all the same colour scheme as the rest of the army. After all he is coming for a Cadian Artillery regiment so he gets similar gear!


After I've painted him I am a little tempted to field him, even though he isn't really that great on the tabletop. Perhaps in my all-infantry Guard list I've been thinking about lately!


And that's about it. Stay tuned for Thursday for a big reveal too, something a lot of you wanted to see! Also don't hesitate to comment on this one!

This entry was posted on Monday, November 07, 2011 at Monday, November 07, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Looking cool man :)

7 November 2011 at 11:36

Looking good mate, I really should buy the advisor models before they bring them out in finecast. At the bare minimum, I need to pick him up, I'm sure I can find a place in the Corbanian 1st.

PS - I still hate you, I have people ringing me to say they can see the ghosts now :-( (lol)

7 November 2011 at 19:53

Finecast isn't really that bad though, I picked up a DE Lhamean a few days ago and it's perfect, excellent details and no miscasts.

Ghosts are awesome though!

7 November 2011 at 23:30

I love that model and your paintjob is just top notch as usual! I really love the green on the model. Really pops the details. I was planning on using the old school catachan vox guy as MoO but after seing this i might just have to get the advisors... Must be strong..!

Well done buddy!

7 November 2011 at 23:32

Post a Comment