The troops of the 42nd  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , ,

Sorry for a bit of a lack of updates, but I've been busy at work with getting everything painted. Two weeks left!

I've already preordered two Valkyries and two Chimeras as a good start into the new codex. I've also got to see a Valkyrie in it sprues in my local store. If you're still wondering it's totally awesome.

But onto the main point. The backbone of every Imperial Guard army - its infantry!





As usual, click below for more pics!

Below are the shots of what right now is still the 1st Platoon of the 3rd Company. Fully equipped with regiment's best gear, Plasma Guns and Lascannons. It's going to change in the new codex. I think I'll post an army list soon.












I did notice that the very first squads seem to be looking worse than I remember. It would appear that constant touching of them on the battlefield is taking its toll. I'll have to think of some varnishing, perhaps.

And this is the second platoon, bearing Grenade Launchers, Autocannons and Missle Launchers.














I got a bit more updates coming up. I finished painting the Demolisher for one, expect more soon!

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Saturday, April 18, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

I think yours has to be in the top three Guard armies I've ever seen (albeit even in pics).

And I'm very particular!

Can't wait for the new additions...

- Drax.

18 April 2009 at 12:01

Great work on these, and I do reccommend varnishing them, just don't mess it up (looking at you Drax) and also my little word verification is Draxi, awsome :P

Peter

18 April 2009 at 14:58

Nice troops!

18 April 2009 at 17:10

Nice army! I hope mine looks even half that good when I get around to painting the poor fellows. They've been primered for going on three years now!

18 April 2009 at 18:10

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Drax
I'm dying of anticipation of the Valjyries, wish I got a chance at assembling the shop one, but I think the shopkeepers are fighting for that already. ;) Also, I'm flattered, thank you. *bows*

@Peter
If you look back there's a shot of a Haramaz of Vostroyans that's varnished, think it looks decent enough. ;)

@Geek
Good luck! If it's half as good as the Titan they'll be awesome!

18 April 2009 at 23:15

Great looking army thus far and I can't wait to see what you do with the new models. Also, thanks for the new shots of the plasma guns - I think I'm going to have to give that conversion a try.

19 April 2009 at 02:36

Amazing! Great bases, characterful conversions....this is a great looking IG platoon!

Nicely done.

19 April 2009 at 14:43

its all looking really good! how long does a 10man squad take you on average?
Craig @ cadian8th

20 April 2009 at 20:42

Hm, dunno really. I usually make a lot of breaks, since it gets quite dull quite fast and I actually paint some parts in larger batches. But if I sit all day and paint I can do the entire squad, including basing. I suppose 10 hours? It does sound awfully long but it's prolly close to truth.

20 April 2009 at 20:44

Post a Comment