Slowness..  

Posted by Hal'jin

I apologise for the lack of updates. I have been really busy with uni recently, the exam session is a week away and there's tests all the time, not giving me a while to work on the army.

And there's lots to work on! More reinforcements arrived yesterday - a Cadian battleforce. If you hestitate with obtaining one of the new Sentinels or a Command Squad - don't! Those kits are simply amazing and I actually didn't want to use all the awesome parts - that way I'd make excellent models, yet lose the posibilities... Yeah, I know, silly thinking! I just have a feeling the second veteran squad I'll make will turn out way better than the first one did and I dare say first one looks damn fine!

I have finished some painting - special weapon squads and the last (finally!) infantry squad, dabbled a bit with the re-made command squad and a Valkyrie.

I'm all out of money now, as I bought regimental advisors as well... So I was considering selling some stuff - like standard bearer, the metal plasma gunner, old metal Juniors... But there's some nostalgic value attached to them. Do you think it's a good idea to get rid of them? I'm not exactly sure.

I'm sorry for the lack of pictures of the finished stuff, but just as I wanted to take them my camera battery died again and right now I'm leaving for a weekend so can't really shoot anything.

Anyway, thanks for reading and see you soon! Tests end more or less on Tuesday which gives me at least a little bit of time to paint up and update the blog while waiting for the evil exams. And now, back to the horrible AC circuits...

This entry was posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 at Friday, May 29, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

hey dude, I know the feeling, Ive had two exams and my last one is on tuesday. Cant wait for them to be over so I can do some painting and hopefully take on a commission from this guy.
Iv had an idea for a psyker squad, I just want to warn you in advance its got similarities to your overseer (like I said I love the model and would do a whole squad like it!!) so I'l post on that soon and hopefully you wont feel too ripped off... Im thinking purple robes and black shoulder pads... what colour were you thinking?
Craig @ cadian8th

29 May 2009 at 18:51

Why would I feel ripped off, it flatters me that someone got so inspired with my work. Go for it!

As for the color, hm, I was thinking about purple as well, actually, seems to fit psykers nicely, but I don't have any purple paints at all, nor have I ever painted purple. So instead I'm thinkign red, as I already have two red shades and the ink, which should make it a bit easier. And red will stand out nicely next to all the yellow/brown guardsmen, while still feeling in line, being a similar color. Or I could go with blue... But I'm pretty set to red.

30 May 2009 at 10:35

Good luck with the exams, guys!

And don't sell stuff yet, after all, they're bound to re-release the Codex soon.

No...

Wait...

Nah: you'll regret selling them.

30 May 2009 at 11:19

Post a Comment