I command in the name of the Emperor!  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , ,

Yay, an update. I got a few days off studying. Managed to pass everything ,just one (the worst, heh) exam left! This time also gave me an opportunity to test out the new codex and let me tell you, it is awesome! 42nd has triumphed twice so far. Anyway, the real update...

Here he is. The supreme commander of the 42nd Cadian Regiment, Lord Marshal Havelock Hals. My first dabble with NMM technique... Well, just see for yourself and tell me what you think.




I'm awesomely proud of him. My second try at NMM, first real one and it turned out really well. I had some accident with him being metal and later with varnish being thick... Luckily I managed to save him the cruel fate and he can proudly lead the men of the 42nd to battle. And lead he does! Victory after victory, we bring the Emperor's Light to the enemies of Man!

I also have to say I really love that servo-skull that came with the new command squad, it adds some character to the mini definitely.

More pictures are to be seen, just click below!


Here is his command staff, freshly out of the training grounds. I'll post up more details once they're actually painted.

And the second command squad I'll be sporting. While Hals and his staff make up the Regimental Command Squad, this one is of the 3rd Company. Lead by freshly-promoted Lieutenant-Colonel Emmet who has just recently stopped being a humble veteran sergeant. I'll prolly scribble some fluff for this eventualy.

Anyway here he is, yep, nothing special but he isn't fully finished yet, lacking some accessories and such:

Though his true form.. is rather... different!


Right, just kidding. Yup, I couldn't really decide what loadout should he have so he'll have it all!



And on a finishing note, since a very long time I actually posted Hals on CMoN. If you would be so kind to vote for it you can do it here. No registration or anything required, thanks!



And lastly, something to wet your appetite for the upcoming update:



This entry was posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 at Monday, June 08, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Fantastic!

Very good job on the NMM, and I love the servo skull, too.

8 June 2009 at 23:00

the NMM work is brilliant, I did it on my Jerran Kell's sword, but Im so tempted to go back to my Ursarker Creed and general model etc and redo the metals... in fact I WILL at some point.
The command squad are nicely posed, and having the commander with swappable parts is a great idea.
The Psyker squad looks great based too, where do you get all your cork from for basing?

9 June 2009 at 00:00

That looks great - I've always like the look the NMM technique gives.


...And one can never have too many servo skulls I say. Nice work!

9 June 2009 at 00:34

Awesome mate, I am looking forward to seeing that Psyker squad done!

Lord Hals. looks great, the face is particularly well done.

9 June 2009 at 14:03

Looking good.

Please tell us where you got the bits for all the psykers' staffs?

12 June 2009 at 15:13

No longer waiting to become famed today. Buy Facebook Followers as a tactic to acquire fame and acceptance online in a small period. buy 500 facebook followers

12 February 2018 at 14:07

Post a Comment