A little WIP  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , ,

I was supposed to post the twin Vendettas, but I thought they can wait a bit and I'll post a WIP of what I'm currently doing, as I don't really post these too often and I'd love to hear your opinions in this one, so that I could still change some things.


Here he is, the first of the advisors, the one I don't leave home without - the Officer of the Fleet. I only started the work on him, but I'd like to hear your opinons on the blue coat.


There's more, of course!



For those of you who do not have the codex and do not want to look through GW site, here's the shot of an OoF painted by the 'eavy Metal team.


Now, I feel I haven't caught the deepness of the blue. Sadly from blueish paints I only own Regal Blue, Space Wolves Grey and borrown a pot of Asurmen Blue wash from my cousin. If you have any tips, they' be muchly appreciated!

But not to make this post so small, a couple of other WIPs.

The Company Command Squad. The guy in the middle isn't the CO though, he's a sergeant for the 302nd in case I'd like a Power Fist. Or something like that.


And the remaining things waiting for their turn at the brush.

And... that's it. I find it hard to believe, you know. That's all I have left for the Guard. Of course, I still own a few odd models that aren't included here, like the old metal Standard, Master Vox, a plasmagunner, some odd GL guardsmen... Also there's the 303rd coming, and the Chimeras which I'll be buying very soon at last.
But still I'm nearing the point where everything I will field will be fully painted. Gasp.
I did some counting yesterday. With the missing Chimeras I own 2900 pts of Guard. Soon to be fully painted 2900 points of Guard. Wow. Although funnily enough, looking at the ammount of stuff on the shelves it's a bit silly it's only 2.9k. If I had as many Space Marines (or if I spent the entire budget on those SMs) I'd have probably around 4k at least. Silly, silly IG.
Also this is the post no. 49. I suppose I could make the next one somewhat special. Quite fitting now that the army is nearly done, though surely won't be till the time of next post. Stay tuned, perhaps I'll indulge further onto the future of the 42nd!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 at Wednesday, August 05, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I'm a big fan of mixing Bleached Bone or Kommando Khaki into paints as a highlight color. If you don't have more blues maybe you could try that.

5 August 2009 at 20:50

Nice work on the 'getting everything painted' progress. Keep it coming, eh?

5 August 2009 at 23:13

2900pts - that's cracking mate, we're going to have to have a picture of the whole lot mustered for war.

Oh, and don't forget the valks, I'm need inspiration, mines my next big job.

6 August 2009 at 17:07

@Simon
Bleached Bone is a good tip actually! Though I decided to leave it as it is, would pretty much need to strip the paint. But I'll keep that in mind for future, thanks!

@Drax
Sure thing!

@Corbane
It shall be done then. Though I'll finish up everything first. As for Valks, I promise they'll be in post 51, coming this week too!

6 August 2009 at 17:40

you've made fantastic progress, im very jealous

8 August 2009 at 14:25

Post a Comment