Guard tidbits.  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , , , , , ,

This time I'd like to show you a few tidbits for the 42nd I have been working on recently. Also some unveiling of the secret project!

First, a new Chimera I purchased recently. I have to say the new kit is great, so much easier to assemble! The refined look is quite good (aside from that Searchlight, I might change that), although it annoys me slightly that now my vehicles will differ quite a bit.



I do miss the accessory sprue, though only for the track guards - vehicles just look better with them. I still have a lot of stowage left and truth to be said, there isn't really a lot of room to stick them to the sides.

Click below to learn more! (I wonder if it's neccessary for me to keep writing that... I do that ever since someone posted a comment indicating he missed the Read More button, but maybe it's about time..)




Here is a Platoon Command Squad of the 1st Platoon undergoing reanimation and finally fitting it to the new codex! While the 1st Platoon itself will still remain mostly useless under the new rules (Plasma Guns? Missile Launchers? Yay for expensive and easy to kill squads!) I could sometimes break the 2nd Platoon into two in my army lists to use two units of fiery death.


The 303rd. Still WIP, but should be done soon. I want to finish them before the big tournament by the end of the month. A blurry shot that doesn't show much - for now!


Aaand more mystery unveiling. I think this should clearly indicate what kind of unit am I doing. But the details of the conversions remain shrouded... Unless you observe the picture carefuly..


And finally the painting chart for the Guard! It spoils the mystery quite well... But also shows what I call the 3rd Expansion Wave. (The 2nd was when I got the Valks and all kind of stuff to enhance onto the new codex, 1st way before that.) As you can see, that's a lot of vehicles. A lot. I wouldn't mind expanding infatry some, but the prospect of painting so many Guardsmen again... Not just yet, ugh. Maybe as a 4th Expansion, that I bet is inevitable in the future and is totally not hidden to right of the Excel sheet beyond sight.



This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 at Wednesday, September 08, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

If it's any consolation, I always click the 'read more' button!

8 September 2010 at 17:36

The 303rd squad on your painting chart looks like you're swearing a lot!

Also...trust me, I feel your pain with muchos vehicles and infantry.

8 September 2010 at 19:46

...Mind you, at least yours are gleamingly well painted!

8 September 2010 at 19:47

@Geek
Thanks, huh! ;)

@Drax
I never looked at it that way before, damn you! I assure you however they are not that... crap.

Thanks for the comments. :)

9 September 2010 at 11:44

Post a Comment