Hand of Iron  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , , , ,

Here he is, the WIP Commander of the 3rd Company, Lieutenant Colonel Mordechai Emmet, who is my count-as Straken.


He is quite finished, but I think he is still lacking something, but I have no idea what else could I do. Perhaps you could help me, dear readers?




Emmet has quite a backstory to him, which I think I'll share once he is painted up. For now I'll say he used to be a mere Veteran Sergeant, but won his way into the wearing the officer cap through his deeds and "friendship" with (then) General Havelock Hals.

A battlefield experience has left him scarred for life, but due to his skills, commitment and service record he was deemed well worthy of recieving extensive bionics, which allow him to continue his duty to the Emperor.



Thanks to this twist, I was able to give him all the wargear he used when I still fielded him as a Vet Sergeant, back in the 4th Ed. - a Power Weapon and a Plasma Pistol - which also match Straken's loadout!



The Standard behind him is supposed to make him stand out on the battlefield, considering he is a Special Character. Besides, I was itching to use that standard for a while.

But he still looks somewhat generic. And I'm all dry on ideas. If you have something on your mind, say it!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at Wednesday, September 29, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I think you did an amazing job if i may so so mate. I dont think hes missing anything! when you will paint him up and apply static grass it will look fantastic! Just make sure the banner will stand out.

Will be looking forward to seeing more work on this guy

29 September 2010 at 11:33

Great conversion. I think he's ready to go.
If I had to find something missing, I'd say the banners looks out of place just stuck in the ground. They don't usually stay up very well that way on their own. Perhaps if you add some rocks around the base?

29 September 2010 at 18:39

You can almost never go wrong with one of those creepy little flying cherub servitor thingies. But, I think he looks great as he is and would worry about making him too busy looking for his size/base...

30 September 2010 at 04:07

Heh, thanks guys.

The standard will have added stuff, yep, just that I haven't modified the base yet.

A Servo-Skull or something, hm I do have a couple lying around, I'll see if I can fit it on.

30 September 2010 at 11:49

How about just putting him on a 40mm base?

Great work as always...

3 October 2010 at 01:34

Post a Comment