1st Platoon Command  

Posted by Hal'jin in , ,

A small update today. But it's only foreshadowing what is to come. I present to you the re-built 1st Platon Command.

For a long time now 1st Platoon has done nothing more than just gathered dust on the shelf, since its loadout (Plasma + Lascannon) wasn't really the bread and butter of the new codex as much as it was of the old one. Also one of the squads got stripped down to the 32-A and 32-B Special Weapon Squads, so I swapped stuff around and they ended up with Missile Launchers instead of Lascannons. Which pretty much made for an even worse loadout.

But no more. Recently I have decided to re-structurize the Platoon entirely. While this particular Command Squad has been built at the same time as the 2nd Platoon one, it's been sitting there on the shelf, due to lack of use anywhere.


Now it changed. The Platoon was restructurised. Now the squads will be armed with just Lascannons, while the plasma guys have been moved, as you maybe noticed, to Emmet's Company Command Squad.


Of course that means I have to re-build the 3rd squad that I disbanded. It also means I have two Missile Launchers, so I'll be likely adding a third one to make a full heavy weapon squad. Just so that they do not go to waste, since it's hardly a useful unit (or one that I'd somehow like regardless)


You can see the base color-coding is now a permanent feature of the 1st Platoon as well!


And the poor JO that was used a lot in the last codex. He will now get a chance to get back into the thick of it!


That's it, but stay tuned for more. I will have you know, that everything playable (so excluding like 3 lone miniatures I have that don't fit anywhere) in the 42nd is now fully painted. Yep, that's it. I will have to paint up that squad I'm adding and I have aquired one more minor thing, but other than that 42nd is more-or-less fully finished (barring any future additions there might be!). Right now I'm also finishng up the last of Space Wolves. So soon there will be just Dark Eldar left to do and then probably Necrons. That of course doesn't mean I won't be adding to the Guard and SWs, I am actually about to do it (To IG what I mentioned, SW a minor thing as well, but for the sake of completness!). But now whenever I add something I can paint it straight away as there will be absolutely no backlog for those two armies! Yay me, I guess. Expect to see "a few" more updates very soon!

This entry was posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 at Monday, October 31, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Looking great - the models are simply fantastic, and I love the basing work you've done. Can't wait to see more!

31 October 2011 at 19:34

Really nice mate, love the squad markings on the bases, so simple but so useful.

31 October 2011 at 22:19
Anonymous  

Are her head shots a little lower then normal? To get more info please visit http://best-essays-writing-service.com/.

31 October 2013 at 23:32

Post a Comment