Threads  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , ,

Time for something heavier again. Two newly painted vehicles sported by the 42nd Cadian!

Starting off with the Chimera of the 303rd Veteran squad. Nothing too fancy, just a regular Chimera, although I did decide to put a tank commander on there to help it stand out a little. Also since there is no accessory sprue in the kits anymore...



A little shot from a different angle.


From the rear, you can clearly see the 303rd squad number on it! Also shows how dull is a Chimera without the stowage...


And a closeup on the tank commander. I actually really like the new version of him, looks good!


But the Chimera isn't the only thing, there's also an additional Leman Russ in its most basic variant!


I did have some leftover accessories so I could spice him up a little. Also I have to say I really like the new LRBT design. Even though it isn't much different the turret just feels better.


A shot on the rear

And a little closeup on the turret.


All in all I am quite pleased with those. Although it seems that the humble LRBT isn't as efficient as it used to be and I am only noticing it now. Even though it kills Marines quite nicely it just doesn't have the "oomph" other HS choices have. Oh well, I still do have two and will field them from time to time. Maybe if I get to do the Armored Company I was thinking of...

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at Tuesday, October 11, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Great looking stuff! Nicely done.

11 October 2011 at 17:18

Hi there!

Have you already checked out my new hobby blog, Tale of Painters? I've joined forces with Sigur and Garfy, whose models you've probably seen in various forums or on the blog on GW.com. We've got tutorials, showcases, reviews and various projects going on, e.g. Garfy posts about assembling and painting a mighty Thunderhawk!

We've also started a new Blog Network! Join by adding a Tale of Painters banner to your blog, and your newest posts will appear in the Network widget over at Tale of Painters! A great way to promote your blog and find new readers! On top of that, the crew at Tale of Painters keeps a close eye to the Network and will present the best posts in a post of their own!

So come over and check out http://www.taleofpainters.com, I'd very happy ;)

17 October 2011 at 15:38

Post a Comment