Like A Rain From the Sky  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , ,

This time, I think my favourite vehicle in my army, aside from the Land Speeders. The humble Drop Pod.

It was really great fun to paint I actually like the overall effect. It's been painted with the most "battle damage" of all my models I think.



I have used various methods to paint these, washes, drybrushing dark color (such as Chaos Black) and more washes. You can see the effect in closeups.

You can see I used carious different washes on the metal surfaces. Normally it is not a good idea to apply washes to a large flat area as you could get a blotchy result, but since it is a Drop Pod that enters via atmosphere it actually looks good!


I drybrushed the lower part of the hull with Chaos Black trying to make burnt smudges left by the atmosphere entry. I also washed the lower metal part a lot.


The stripes on the doors were painted using Ron's great tutorial, alas I could not find a link right now. But everyone knows where to look, don't you?


The interior itself was great fun to paint as well. You probably cannot see it, but I painted the cables using thin lines of grey to represent the reflection of the light, taken from White Dwarf's Spave Wolves tutorial.


I like painting screens, can you tell? Those display status of each individual Marine mounted in the harnesses, while the top shows the angle of descent.



And that's it. It's also a break from the Space Wolves. Expect something... new, soon!

Also I wanted to start by apologizing for not posting in a while, but the I read this and reconsidered! :D

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 16, 2011 at Saturday, July 16, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I just want to say that I love your page, and currently follow it, and was wondering if you could follow mine? Gotta spread the love around if we are every going to bring down the filthy xenos of the galaxy.

16 July 2011 at 18:43

Oh my God..you are so good at this and you souldn't stay away from this artistic field, because you belong to these career. If someone really important in the game industry would see what are you designing...it would be just fantastic for you. Keep up the good job.

29 August 2015 at 23:56

Post a Comment