A small update  

Posted by Hal'jin

I'm still working on all those models and still don't have time for much writing. Here's a little update.

The Valkyries have the top part unglued. I actually think I'll just leave it that way, so you can easily peek inside at the pretty interior.


The Chimeras, sorry for the quality of the photo. The right one is pretty much completed, the left one is still in the works...




As I have a certain ambitious plan for it...

Yup, an interior. Inspired with this. Wish me luck, I'll need it!
Out of the other news I bought the box of to-be Psykers. Will post more when I get to them. I can now just afford the Battleforce I need and then I'm broke and still in need of 2 Chimeras, regimental advisors and a Russ. Woo!

Also, new IHRH on Friday/Saturday again!

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 07, 2009 at Thursday, May 07, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Looking good. I want to get me some Valkyrie goodness but have to show patience until I get some more stuff done.

The chimera interior is coming along well...

I'm intrigued to see these psykers...

8 May 2009 at 01:36

Good looking stuff - can't wait to see how the valks turn out.

8 May 2009 at 05:08

Yea, the psyker comment is going to drive me crazy.

And two Valks at once? Show off. I'm almost done with my first. Must finish for the GW painting contest!

The Chimera interior is looking good. The little room on the right could be the port o' potty?

8 May 2009 at 05:31

I'll have to ask what's port o' potty, I'm afraid, I think I don't get it. Or maybe it's because it's early...

As for painting Valks, I suddenly got a bad feeling the white undercoat can is going to run out in the middle... I just bought a fresh can, but of the black one, sigh. The good thing is a friend borrowed me an airbrush, might make things a bit easier!

As for psykers... Soon!

8 May 2009 at 08:01

Sorry, must be more of a local term than I realized. You can see pics of port o' potties here.
Basically a portable closet with a toilet in it...

I recommend an airbrush for the valks. It makes a fairly uniform coat much easier across their wide open spaces such as wings. And no brush marks!

8 May 2009 at 15:12

Ahh. I actually felt it's something like that. ;)
I borrowed an airbrush, however I heard Desert Yellow isn't the best paint to spray with it, though white undercoat should help. I also acquired a Tamiya Dark Yellow spray, though the can is really tiny. Will try it out, but, while it should last for one Valk, I'm afraid it will run out in the middle of the other.

8 May 2009 at 16:45

One can of Tamiya might not be quite enough for two Valks, but you never know?

I bet you can get the Desert Yellow to spray just fine. I know a lot of the lighter (especially yellows) GW colors can be a pain to spray. Try adding a little bit (technical term there) of rubbing alcohol to your paint mix when thinning it down for the airbrush. I don't know why it works, but it does. I did some Iyanden Eldar years ago with yellow over white primer and that's the only way I could get a good looking coat. Don't use only rubbing alcohol though. I usually thin it most of the way with water, then add just a little alcohol. Good luck!

8 May 2009 at 17:00

Looking good on the chim's mate. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

11 May 2009 at 12:19

Post a Comment