Regimental Command on-line!  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , ,

Phew! Guests are gone and now I've got time again to post up some stuff instead of acting as a driver all time. And quite a significant thing, the Regimental Command Squad of the 42nd Cadian!

I've painted them a while back but didn't have a chance to show them to you before. After all this long time finally I get to field a painted HQ, weee. Also as it stands now I only have 14 more guardsmen to paint (Well, I am planning a third vet squad but it's still a bit off). Then just Valk, psykers a sentinel and Chimeras I'm yet to buy and I've actually painte pretty much my entire collection! (except for odd things I'll never field, like old metal JOs, standard, vox and such) Quite shocking actually, what will I do next? Oh well I got plans for that actually...

I know you probably want to see the pictures so here goes, I can blabber more later! Here you go.



As usual, clicky clicky.

And of course some more detail shots. I exceptionally like this fella. So much character in this mini!


This one is using the excellent wounded arm and melta from the new command squad.


The old metal meltagunner finally put to a great use!


A medic. He was actually painted for like half a year, just didn't have an opportunity to present him to you. Back then he was a regular member of the CS, nowadays he just sits there on the shelf patching the squad up between the battles. Sadly I do not have 30 points to spare for rather useless (at least for my application of the CS) piece of gear. Too bad as I really love this model, it's way better than the new plastic one in my opinion.


Last (or is it?) but not the least - the Regimental Champion proudly carrying the standard of the 42nd Cadian to battle. In the end I was actually slightly disappointed and maybe I should've put some more work into him. What I mean is the other standard from the set has brilliant battle damage on it, but poor iconography (at least for something as important - it'd make a great platoon standard). This one has great iconography but not sign of damage at all! Also it lacks my favourite purity seals, gah!

But in the end he turned out well!


Some details of the banner:



Ooops, looks like the standard bearer wasn't actually the last thing! The one last "member" of the squad - it's dedicated Chimera!



A close-up of the tank commander. It's actually the only vehicle I ever assembled with one leaning out of the cupola.


But that's not everything! Perhaps if you paid attention (especially to this) post you might remember something about an ambitious plan in regards to a Chimera. Well that's the Chimera!



Yup, it has an interior! Took quite a while and I'm quite pleased with the result! Here's a better shot!


Aaand that's it for pictures. Or is it?

The 42nd Cadian has gone a long way. It travelled on a high-speed highway nearly to the end. But as with every Guard army (or isn't it every army) there is no real end. There's always this one more things you want. However now we have driven off a highway to a smaller countryside road where you can drive slowly and enjoy the views. Or we will make that turn when I get those elusive Chimeras at last.

What then? Obviously that won't be the last thing I buy for Guard, I'm not as naive to believe that. I still want to pick up one (or two *coughcough*) of these fancy new Hellhounds. I still want a Manticore (Which apparetly is a very nasty piece of broken vehicle. Mwahahahah). I wouldn't mind picking up some special character in the end as well (and the upcoming Straken mini is great!). And of course, there's always room for some really heavy support. As such there's no worry there won't be anything happening here any time soon!

But relatively soon there might be some other place to look at. I jsut have to figure if I need to buy grey or blueish paint...


And as the finishing word. A snapshot of a side-project I've done over the last few days. I'll post something about it soon, but meanwhile if you want to know more you have to... dig. Deep. Drax, it seems you have some experience in that now? I'll just point at the archives tab on the side..


*salute* Until next time, gentlemen!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at Tuesday, July 14, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

I *love* the interior of the Chimera. Incredibly detailed!

14 July 2009 at 21:43

That is a nice looking bunch of Guard. Kudos to you for having such a nicely painted army!

14 July 2009 at 23:54

I like the straw on the meltagunners base. Gives the impression of walking in deep grass!

Mitch http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/

15 July 2009 at 06:29
Anonymous  

The whole squad came up well - sweet job.

What are you using for the straw on the bases - is it some form of scenery straw or brush bristles??

15 July 2009 at 10:05

Very characterful command squad! I especially like your Commanding Officer.

15 July 2009 at 21:51

Awesome looking command squad and detailed Chimera. Loving the eyepatch on the Standard bearer. Quality job.

- Courtney @ Cadian 127th

16 July 2009 at 14:24

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

@Rogue Pom
It's a kind of scenery straw I picked up at a modelling store. Main purpose was to serve as some waterside reed.

16 July 2009 at 14:35

Good stuff! I love that you put as much effort and thought into your bases as the minis. The Chimera has a nice simplicity to it, very realistic. Awesome!

17 July 2009 at 01:19
Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
19 July 2009 at 17:18

I have the blisters to prove it, mate!

Good work - I'm as impressed as always.

20 July 2009 at 20:01

Post a Comment