Woof woof! *cough* I mean, For the Allfather!  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , ,

After much delaying, Sven Bloodhowl, the Wolf Lord of my Great Company is finally done! I considered the Snipers I've shown you a while ago my best conversion work probably. Now, what I think is the best paint job I've done so far.


It still does have its errors and I'm aware of them. It could've been way better. But overally I'mr eally pleased how he turned out, check it yourself!



Here he is, sitting atop his monstrous Thunderwolf and surrounded by some Fenrisian Wolves so he doesn't feel too lonely (and doesn't go down because of stray bullets).


The fur on all the doggies was painted using Master Darksol's excellent tutorial.








A dirty, worn cape. I was considering adding more weathering to the model, including blood stains on the fur, but I'm afraid I might ruin it. Doesn't mean I won't add them in the future though.

Also, once I painted the cloak I came up with a waaay cooler idea to paint it. Perhaps I will use it on his Terminator Armor version. The codex says, that Sven tattooed his extensive saga, but he ran out of space on his skin, so he takes those of his enemies. I thought it would be awesome, if he also used every scrap of place possible, including writing the saga on his cloak and armour.


And a couple of closeups, on Sven's face, which also shows the runes on his armour, that are supposed to denote it's Runic Armour. They aren't perfect, they're more or less patching up of even worse work underneath (I thought red/orange would look better. I was wrong), but I managed to make them look acceptable I think.


His chest armor.


The doggie's.. snout.


And the other, cybernetically enhanced, side. I just love this sculpt. Having painted it, I decided these are the best Thunderwolves ever and no other sold anywhere else match those. I'm going to buy at least one more to make a second TW character (A Battle Leader, though probably fielded on Lord's rules). And maybe I will be tempted into making a unit of cavalry some time in the future...


I lack one thing however. A name for the mount. I need something Nordic and menacing sounding, but nothing to obvious. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them out!

But that's not all! A little more shots of lesser dogs. On the left, one of two hamsterdogs. They have metal heads that I got with them, and of which origin I have completely no idea. They look a bit funny though.



I like the base of the left one here.



You will notice I did quite a bit of reposing with those. They were really bland originally.



And the Cyberwolf on the left!



Now it's done.

I seem to have some kind of painting fever, after I have seen the pictures of Dark Eldar. I decided it's probably time to move slightly away from the Emperor's light and collect some xenos. Yep, I'm going to be starting a DE army. Not straight away after they're released however, I still need to get a few things for the Guard first!

As for the fever - I cannot buy a new army that awesome, while still having unpainted stuff! As of now, I'm done with majority of the Wolves. I have scheduled a couple of posts now, containing a few updates, so stay tuned!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2010 at Wednesday, October 06, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Nice painting and i like your thunderwolf models allot.
I was in doubt to buy them, but now I saw your models I defenly gonna buy me some Storm wolfs

keep the good work up!!

14 October 2011 at 12:26

permission.

20 August 2016 at 16:50

Good information I just found your blog and read it. I thought I would leave my first comment. I do not know what to say except what I have

Obat Kanker Prostat

Obat Kista Di Apotik

Obat Varises Di Betis

13 February 2018 at 10:01

If you have a history of illness that is difficult to recover, maybe our next article will help you to recover

Inilah Perawatan pada Penderita Osteoporosis
Cara Menghilangka Penyakit Kulit Ayam

3 July 2018 at 08:24

Post a Comment