I Hate Right Hands - The Work Done - Squad 303  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , , , ,

Yes, finally the 303rd. They sat on the shelf comfortably for a while now, so it's about time to show my last veteran squad.


A word of warning. I have applied matt varnish to them, as I have done with all the Guard minis... Except this time it didn't want to be matt. After two coats, I gave up. Funnily enough, I varnished the metal Rune Priest with the same varnish and there was no gloss at all.

These are... slightly glossy. I was quite annoyed, but thankfuly it doesn't show that much.

They still look quite good I guess and I would be really happy with them if not that accident. Especially since they were the first Guardsmen I painted since quite a while... But enough me ranting, pictures!




Three standard poses. I really ran out of original ideas after two squads. Since they looked slightly bland with just rebreathers (and shotguns) as their main unique points, I decided to add a couple of litanies, 302nd style.



Run-by-shotgun-in-the-face, Mr. Sir I Have A Tactical Map For you and Charge'em! men.



And another three. Glasses with rebreathers look awesome. And I could use the standard sergeant head again and it isn't so obvious, thanks to the reabreather! Only in the middle I noticed the ammo case contains lasgun batteries and they've got shotguns. Oops. So I had to paint it differently.



Finally the sarge himself. A tough guy, with a little aristocratic look in him. He needs no pansy rebreather. Or a helm, for that matter.



So, what do you think? This is the last veteran squad I'll ever be making, so it's more-or-less the official end of the long-standing IHRH series. Wow, it took a while!

And a little something, that doesn't warrant it's own post. 302nd's new Chimera




Those new Chimeras are nice, but there's like, nowhere to put stowage on. I guess it's good, since I'm running low on the remnants of the old Accessory Sprues...


This entry was posted on Friday, October 08, 2010 at Friday, October 08, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Omg yes i hate right hands to hehe!! I think the squad came out really nice. I allways been a big fan of your light bases with your current colors scheme. One of the ways i got around running outta poses on my IG was to buy many of the old metal modes(one of each model) so i can basically add more squads with a unique look at pose.

8 October 2010 at 10:42

Nice looking guard! The bases look really good too... detailed, but not over the top.

8 October 2010 at 15:53

Love the bases, they definitely add to the model overall.

Ron
From the Warp

8 October 2010 at 23:29

Lovely stuff, mate: don't know how I missed them!

- Chris.

16 October 2010 at 23:54

I agree, the bases look outstanding.

I'm still looking to base my Blood Angels so I might steal oh em be inspired by your ideas!

16 November 2010 at 16:18

Hell yeah...real cool. I remeber reading about the Guard regiment called the Blood Rats.You Troopers are what i saw!!!Again Really nice job.

9 March 2011 at 17:45

terima kasih banyak untuk beberapa artikel yang saya baca saya akhirnya dapat menemukan jawaban untuk apa yang saya cari selama ini melalui sebuah blog yang sangat elegan ini.

20 August 2016 at 16:47

good job i like it post

31 July 2018 at 18:18

Post a Comment