A new century of posts  

Posted by Hal'jin in , , ,

Yay, a hundred posts. Finally. This took way longer than it should have, but I'm finally there! There's a few changes coming to the blog, but nothing major. I was planning to take some nice group shots of all my armies, unfortunately, since I'm still not home, it's going to be delayed a little. But it will eventually come!


I guess the only thing I can do for now is show you the fancy army lists and talk about my plans. Hooray!

Starting off with the classic - the 42nd itself.

As you can see there's still a lot of Guard stuff I want to add and still a lot of unfinished new stuff, including the female sniper squad I've done a while earlier. Those will be dealt with as soon as I'm done with the Wolves (since those have the least unpainted models).

I'm planning to add a lot of vehicles as you can see and another platoon... Although that one isn't 100% sure since it's a lot of painting again. Probably going to finish off other things before that. The entire thing is about 4255 points. And that's a lot of stuff, geez! What I currently own alots to measly 3585, which compared to most of Guard armies I've seen out there is nothing. Oh well!

Next up are the Space Wolves of the Sven Bloodhowl's Great Company.


As you can see nearly everything I own is painted. A handful of things I'd like to eventually add, although none of these are a high priority for me (The Blood Claws are the most likely to come in the near future). The Battle Leader is only awaiting final assembly, because I'm still lacking a 60 mm base to put him one. The other things are just fancy options I wouldn't mind having at some point. This clocks at 4496 points of which I own 3856. More than the Guard, that's embarassing.

And finally the Dark Eldar.

 
Lots and lots of white here. There's a purchase for them imminent after which they should be nicely playable at low points. But there's still loads of things I'd like to do with them. 1160 out of 4173 here.

And that's about it. What to expect in the future? First of all I'm going home next week and I'll probably get an army with me, so you can expect some battle reports, also maybe some painting progress (although I might not have time for that as well as gaming, for a while, since exams are approaching). There's definitely going to be some tutorials upcoming for a couple of things. Some Dark Eldar conversions that I have in mind and such. Also I'm planning to do some shots of the store here and GW store in Copenhagen, at least for my polish readers to see. I hope you stay with me!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at Tuesday, April 05, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Congrats on the Century! I'm a big fan of the painting chart idea as well, it really helps out in planning and provides a nice way to track progress. Can't wait to see what's next!

5 April 2011 at 20:08

Congratulations, Matey!

Well deserved, and how nice it is to see the ol' Guard being rolled out!

5 April 2011 at 21:54

[follow-up]

5 April 2011 at 21:54

really look forward to you finishing more guard.
I am on an easter break for three weeks from tomorrow so i plan to get something painted in my holiday! I will post it and will look forward to your feedback as usual!
Craig @ cadian8th

6 April 2011 at 22:32

Post a Comment